The counseling center is an integral part of the educational program at Lutheran North. Our counseling professionals nurture students in their spiritual, academic, emotional and vocational development. Counselors use a proactive, developmental approach to assist students in making wise decisions personally, academically and vocationally.
Our structured academic and college counseling is deliberately focused on planning for continuing education in a college or university best suited to the student's strengths and goals. Students also have access to personal counseling based on their strengths, needs and situations. Students requiring long-term counseling may be referred to an outside agency.
We give personalized attention to our students in these areas:
- Academic planning/counseling
- Career planning/assistance
- Personal counseling and referrals
- College selection and application assistance
- Scholarship assistance
- College Rep visits
- Testing-PSAT, Pre-ACT, ACT, NUUEA/ MAP Growth, and AP test Coordinator
- Test Interpretation to parents and students
- Drug/Alcohol Prevention and intervention efforts
- Classroom presentations
- Crisis Intervention
- Conflict Resolution/mediation
- Evening parent presentations
- Scheduling-assisting the registrar with conflicts
The counseling staff also serves as advisors for Peer Ministry.