Steps for Successful Completion
• At the beginning of the four-week session, students will look at their individual program requirements and work to set weekly goals to ensure successful completion.
• Each day, students will track their progress on a log kept in the classroom.
• The students and supervisor will meet weekly to track progress and reassess goals.
• Weekly communication will be sent to parents via email.
Regular attendance is important to the successful completion of summer school courses. The following policies regarding attendance will be followed:
• Unavoidable absences must be communicated in advance by the parent to the supervisor and program coordinator.
• Absences without prior notification will be considered unexcused. Three unexcused absences will result in a parent meeting
and possible removal from the enrolled course.
• Students are to arrive at Lutheran North at least 5 minutes prior to the start time of the session and must be in the room at the beginning of the session or counted tardy.
• Three tardies equal one absence.
• Students are required to be picked up or leave campus within 20 minutes of the end of the session unless other arrangements have been made with the supervisor and program coordinator.
While uniforms are not required for summer school, dress should still be neat and presentable. Cell phones and other technology may only be used for educational purposes or when approved by the instructor. Students are expected to be present and working for the full session each day. A break will be provided each day.