It began with the original "Lutheran High School" . . .
As leaders in Christian education, Lutheran churches in the United States operate more schools than any other Protestant denomination. In Saint Louis, secondary education began in 1946 when Lutheran High School opened at the old Mary Institute building at Lake and Waterman in the city under the leadership of first principal, Paul Lange
. In that first year, Lutheran High School was home to more than 200 students in grades 9 and 10, adopting the name "Crusaders" and the colors of maroon and gold.
By 1954, studies revealed a need for a school in northwest Saint Louis County. In 1965, the original Crusaders at Lake and Waterman moved to their new location: Lutheran High School North at 5401 Lucas and Hunt Road. In 2015, Lutheran North celebrated 50 years of offering Christian secondary education to students and families in the metro St. Louis area.
Lutheran High School North and Lutheran High School South, opened in 1957 in South County, spending 65 years united in ministry as part of the Lutheran High School Association (LHSA) of St. Louis operating daily as one entity. Today the two schools serve their student populations with a streamlined LHSA organizational model with generous support from more than 60 churches and thousands of alumni.
Our school is prepared to uphold its reputation for excellence for generations to come!